The Richard Sheppard Arnold Award for Distinguished Service
Since 2012, at the
Eighth Circuit Judicial Conference the Eighth Circuit Bar Association has
presented Richard S. Arnold Awards for Distinguished Service to ten deserving
The awards are made by the Association based on
nominations provided by the chief judges of each district in the Circuit.
In choosing recipients for this award, the Association
has asked that each chief district court judge consider the extent to which
potential awardees have demonstrated the following characteristics of Judge
1. The person has achieved professional excellence in his
or her field.
2. The person has been a leader in the legal community as reflected in the leadership positions held in bar
associations and other professional organizations.
3. The person has contributed significant work toward the delivery of volunteer legal services to under-served members
of the community.
4. The person has been honored by his or her peers.
5. The person has served as a mentor or role model for
lawyers or students interested in law.